When you face a personal injury settlement in British Columbia Canada, chances are you will have to deal with an insurance company. Insurance companies can provide the required coverage and services for your medical, disability and other needs associated with the incident. The downfall to the insurance provided is that the company analyses claims and offers settlements that best suit their needs, not necessarily yours.
This means that an insurance company will simply offer a settlement that is legal and will help you get by. Though, these amounts often do not take into account the extent and duration of actual treatments that are required. Having a professional personal injury lawyer when disputing a claim that is too low helps increase the chances of your desired settlement being reached. DonÕt get taken advantage of by an insurance company or risk making a personal mistake during the claim dispute. Rather, utilise the services of a professional Personal Injury lawyer to fully represent your needs and achieve the settlement you truly require.
The Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC) sees a range of personal injury and other insurance claims daily. This organisation handles insurance claims for your needs and for the damages to your vehicle. An ICBC claim can seem to be in your best interest, though the treatment costs and compensation amounts offered by the company can often be lower than you truly need. Too low of a compensation amount can often lead to lacking medical services and large future costs for you and your loved ones. When the IBCB submits a settlement offer that you feel is too low or has been stated is too low by an attorney during an initial case review, consult a professional personal injury lawyer. Personal Injury and ICBC lawyer help dispute your claim and negotiate on your behalf to make sure your needs are met throughout the dispute process and with the final compensation amount.
How Lawyers Help Get You A Better Settlement
Personal Injury lawyers can provide a range of information and professional services to ensure your claims is fully analysed with your needs in mind.
* A personal injury lawyer makes sure that you donÕt get taken advantage of by an insurance adjuster. An ICBC adjuster is attempting to save the company money, while your lawyer is attempting to get you fair compensation for all your accident related issues and need.
* Personal Injury lawyers work to make sure you have the right doctors and financial ability to receive the required medical services for your needs.
* The services of professional legal representation often lead to larger settlements. The bulk of compensation paid out to victims by insurance companies are represented by a lawyer. Victims who work with a lawyer can receive compensation amounts that are as much as 3 times higher than those who accept what the insurance company initially offers.
* Finally, working with a personal injury lawyer provides you peace of mind while disputing your claim amount. Lawyers can take an abundance of tasks off your shoulders and help you achieve the amount you deserve, while you focus on rehabilitation and resting.
When You Don’t Need An Attorney
When you are involved in am major accident or incident you should consult a lawyer for a free case review. Two instances where a lawyer often is not required for further services are:
* When you are not injured in the incident, you may not be eligible for coverage outside of the vehicle coverage. Always discuss your post-accident state with an attorney before going forward with and claim amount offered by the ICBC.
* When you are offered the negligent parties full insurance policy amount a lawyer may not be able to get you any more compensation. There are instances where more compensation is required, which is why an initial consult with an attorney is always recommended before accepting ICBC offer.