Legal Services

Looking for a Reliable Bail Bond in Brazoria?

Sometime life just happens, and you end up in jail with a bail payment to make before they’ll allow you to leave. Sure, you could just stay in jail, but the real life repercussions of that are expensive in their own way (with lost wages, loss of a job, etc.). If you every find yourself in this predicament while you’re in Brazoria County, TX, rest assured that finding Bail Bonds in Brazoria County isn’t as difficult as it may seem.

How much will it cost?

Bail is expensive, and it’s supposed to be. Bail can be upwards of $1000, and the reason it’s so expensive is so it can be a powerful deterrent to people who may leave jail and not show up to their court appearance. Now, when you get a bail bond, the bonding agency will pay for up to 90% of your bail amount for you, while you’ll be responsible for the remaining 10%. Now, that 10% may still seem a bit daunting, but most bonding agencies offer payment plans to help you through this difficult chapter of your life.

How do payment plans work?

Basically, the bonding agency will take the total amount that you owe (including interest and any additional fees) and they will split it into monthly installments that are easier to pay that the lump sum. When you talk to an agent, make sure that you’re honest about your financial situation so that you don’t end up promising them more money than you’ll be able to pay back. Not paying the bonding agency back has serious repercussions, including their ability to repossess things like your car, your house, electronics, furniture, and other valuables in order for them to get their ‘money’s worth’ out of helping you. Getting out of jail doesn’t help much when you don’t have somewhere to live.


What else do I need to do?

There’s a really obvious answer to this: Make sure that you show up to your court date. If you fail to appear in court on the date that they demand, unless you’ve received an extension from the court, will lead to a warrant being put out for your arrest, which will land you back in jail, and this time (if they even offer you bail since you didn’t show up the first time), your bail will more likely be exponentially larger. Even if you’re busy, this is the one time that you really can’t make a mistake and it’ll be overlooked. The bonding company can even hire bounty hunters to search for you, apprehend you, and take you to court. So in order to avoid a whole lot of trouble, just make sure that you’re at the court when they tell you to be there.

None of this information is meant to scare you, but being well-informed can mean the difference between having this mistake be a small part of your life, or whether it grows and becomes a much bigger problem. Just make sure to be smart about choosing your bondsman, and you’ll be better prepared from moving forward with your life.

What is your reaction?

In Love
Not Sure

You may also like

Comments are closed.